New Season of
2018/19 Program Schedule - Mark your Calendar
- September 13, 2018: FBA VI Annual Meeting & Member Appreciation
- September 19, 2018: Future of Work is NOW
- October 25, 2018: Emotional Intelligence
- December 5, 2018: Enterprise Transition 2019
- January 17, 2019: Ambitions, Extreme Goals & Risks
- February 13, 2019: Family Business Excellence (FBE) & Young Entrepreneur Awards
- March 14, 2019: Family Business Stories
- May 9, 2019: Workplace Stress & Wellness
- June 2019 (Date TBA): Year-End Social
Upcoming Event: March 14, 5:30-8:00pm
Join three entrepreneurs who will tell their stories about expanding their family businesses outside of Victoria:
What motivated them? How did they do it?
What challenges did they face? What lessons did they learn?
Would they do it again?
Your ticket includes dinner.
Members: $55 (plus GST); Non-members: $75 (plus GST)
An Evening of Celebration
On February 13, FBAVI held their annual gala to celebrate and honour outstanding Vancouver Island family businesses including the recipient of the 2019 Family Business Excellence (FBE) Award Proline Management Ltd. along with finalists Bliss and Be Love and Two Eagles Lodge B & B as well as the recipient of the 2019 Family Business Young Entrepreneur Award Andrew Wilson of The Wilson’s Group of Companies.
View our photo gallery for our 2019 Family Business Excellence & Young Entrepreneur Awards Ceremony, click here.
Growing the Family Business is Growing the People
Listen as 'The Founder' Eric Spurling, his wife and 'Strategic Advisor' Marilyn Spurling as well as their son and President Andy Spurling of Proline Management Ltd. share a powerful message about how growing the family business is growing the people.
Leaning on Peers for Advice
Listen as the recipient of the 2019 Young Entrepreneur Award: Andrew Wilson of The Wilson’s Group of Companies shares an inspiring message of how the FBAVI has helped his family business with succession planning as well as given them a space where peers (others who are also part of a family business) can lean on each other for advice, learn from one another's mistakes, lessons... Congratulations Andrew!
Thank You to Our 2018-19 Valued Sponsors
Experience FBA VI - WATCH VIDEO!