The Family Business Association member is a family business looking to connect with, learn from, and share with like-minded people who understand the experiences unique to running a family business. We welcome family businesses of all sizes and industry types. Membership benefits extend to all family members and your membership fee provides you with special rates for events along with the opportunity to join an Advisory Team at no extra cost.
A “Family Business” is defined as a business that has one of the following characteristics:
- has been owned and operated by different generations of a family;
- where the potential exists for ownership to be passed on to another family member;
- more than one member of a family has active employment in an organization owned by a family;
- a family which has in the past or is presently operating a business.
The Family Business Association Advisor members provide professional services to family businesses. Advisor members are expected to be involved in the association with the following qualifications:
- must be sympathetic to and agree with the purposes of the Association;
- must have a professional interest in the unique understanding of the Association in the issues concerning family business;
- must be prepared to facilitate idea exchange, help educate and otherwise advance the knowledge of family business affairs for the benefit of the membership at large;
- must not solicit business from General Members.